GP Educational Supervisor Course
- Provided by Multiprofessional Faculty Development, HEE
- Free to attend
- Time commitment: Six 2.5 hour online sessions with additional online reading
- Audience: GPs, Uni-Professional.
This course is mandatory for GPs who wish to become Trainers (educational supervisors) for GP Specialty Trainees in London.
Programme: This course will cover:
- Competency based medical education and its alternatives
- GP training-specific workplace-based assessment
- Educational supervision and ePortfolio
- Reflective practice
- Managing trainees in need of additional support
Eligibility: To be eligible to book on the course participants:
1. Must be in a substantive GP post
2. Must be able to attend all six sessions of the same course
3. Should be able to train GP specialty trainees within 2 years
4. Must be a member of a GP Trainer Workshop
In addition to the above, you will be asked to submit evidence that, prior to the course, you have:
• completed an approved introduction to workplace learning and supervision course
• completed a postgraduate certificate in medical education
• previously attended both an ITTPC Course and F2 Workshop
• already been approved as a clinical supervisor.
To receive further information about the course and how to book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org