Introduction to Supervising Learning and Assessment for Primary Care Professionals (ISLA)
- Provided by UCL Medical School on behalf of HEE (The course will take place virtually by UCL, details of which will be sent to you once your enrolment is confirmed).
- Free to attend
- Time commitment: Equivalent to approx. 40 hours
- Audience: Uni-professional. Designed for GPs who wish to undertake a clinical supervisory role in primary care.
This blended learning course comprises of three face-to-face teaching days along with three interactive online sessions, between the course days (each requiring approximately 4 hours of work). A fourth online session aimed at consolidation and review of progress takes place after 6 months.
Sample learning Outcomes: By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate learner-centred approaches in providing constructive feedback to learners.
- Discuss principles and practice of safe clinical supervision.
- Examine the relationship between curriculum and supervision.
- Demonstrate effective self-reflection and facilitate reflection in others.
- Explain the role of Workplace based assessment (WPBA) in:
- curriculum delivery,
- informing supervision decisions.
- Use common WBPA tools to facilitate learning with postgraduate learners.
- Supervise and assess healthcare professionals working in primary care.
- Evaluate a variety of evidence to identify learners in need of support and know how to seek additional help in supporting them.
What to expect from the course:
The course focuses on collaborative learning and working with peers and will combine a small amount of plenary work with plenty of small group work. Facilitated online work will continue the collaborative learning, with discussions, learning activities and key resources.
You will receive a certificate of satisfactory completion at the end of the course, enabling you to APPLY TO BECOME a Clinical Supervisor, OOH Supervisor or FY2 Supervisor role, and/or to enrol in the Educational Supervisor course to become a GP Trainer. In order to be able to receive the certificate, delegates are expected to attend all face to face and online sessions.
There are also further opportunities to undertake a masters level programme should you wish along with a scholarship from HEE to help cover the costs, as noted in the course flyer.
To receive further information about the course and how to book a place contact email@example.com