The London Trainee Network (LTN) was founded in 2015 to represent training and education needs for all postgraduate medical trainees across Greater London, and liaises directly with Health Education England and Directors of Medical Education across London. Initially the 'South London Trainee Network' it has since expanded in 2020 and now covers Northwest, North Central and North East London deaneries. The Executive Committee comprises of trainees from different specialties with an enthusiasm and passion to improve training for their peers. Throughout the year, the LTN organises trainee engagement events and a free annual conference with a Poster and Art competition.
This year the LTN is excited to welcome everyone to its 6th annual conference: Medicine PLUS (+), on Friday 29th July 2022 from 9-5pm at the KIA Oval. It promises to be a stimulating day where we discover the paths of clinicians who have achieved great things with interests outside of medicine, be it leadership, government, digital health, battlefield surgery, TV, comedy and more. We are also hosting workshops including preparing for the consultant interview and sustainability in the NHS.
Our speakers include:
- Professor Clive Kay, Chief Executive of King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Johann Malawana, Founder and Director of the Healthcare Leadership Academy and Medics.Academy
- Dr Ruby Wang, Head of Health for UK Government in China, Advisor of Health Policy for the UN in China, and Digital Health Council Representative for the UK Royal Society of Medicine
- Dr James Somauroo, Founder of SomX: The Healthtech Agency, and host of The Health-Tech Podcast
- Dr Kate Prior, Surgeon Captain in the Royal Navy and Consultant in Anaesthetics and Major Trauma
- Dr Jonny Groome, Anaesthetic Registrar and Co-Founder of GASP (Greener Anaesthesia & Sustainability Project)
- Dr Azeem Alam, Co-Founder of BiteMedicine and included in the Queen's New Years Honours List 2021 for services to healthcare education
Please join us by registering on Eventbrite: https://ltn-medicineplus.eventbrite.com. Tickets cost £10 but will be refunded in full after your attendance.
We are also inviting abstracts for our Poster and Art competition:
- Poster presentations under the themes: culture, education, leadership and innovation
- Art, painting and photography submissions
Please submit 250-word abstracts or art submissions by midnight July 22nd 2022 to: email@example.com
In the email please include a list of authors and their emails.