AKT Exam Preparation Workshop
Thursday 14th and Thursday 21st January 2021 (09:30 - 12:30)
This workshop runs over two half days and requires attendance on both half days
The workshop aims to provide an understanding of the working of the AKT examination and how to prepare for it using the core objectives outlined below:
• To share a broad overview of the AKT examination in the wider context of general practice
• To help candidates appreciate how questions are typically constructed and presented
• To encourage candidates to find successful learning and revision strategies and to enhance their examination technique
• To highlight the impact of dyslexia and how the exam can accommodate this and other disabilities
Please note that this course will offer many insights on how to be successful in the AKT but the tutors do not have access to the RCGP question bank and do not ‘teach’ on hot topics or clinical medicine.
The sessions are held three times a year allowing you the time needed to put into practice the techniques learnt prior to sitting the exam.
These sessions are for GP trainees only:
- with a London & KSS training number
- wishing to prepare for an upcoming AKT exam and
- who have previously been unsuccessful at the AKT exam or
- who have been identified by their educational supervisor and/or programme director as being at risk of failing the exam.
Places are very limited and offered on a first-come-first-served basis. If you have already attended a session on a previous occasion or very recently, we may not be able to offer you a place but will include your details on a waiting list should places become available.
- This is a free, fully funded, workshop which requires commitment to attend on both days of the programme
- If when your place on the course is confirmed and in the event of no show/non-attendance you may be subject to charge ie the full cost of the session £150
- If when your place on the course is confirmed and if your circumstances change and you can no longer attend please let us know as soon as possible so that your place can be offered to those on the waiting list.
If you fit the criteria and wish to book a place, please complete the form below:
Please note we are currently experiencing a technical issue which results in our automatic emails not delivering to Gmail email addresses. To ensure you receive our automated emails upon submission of this form, please enter a non-Gmail email address.