RTW Online Resources
We understand you may be experiencing feelings of uncertainty around your return to training in the current circumstances.
Where face to face training may be cancelled, there is a lot of material online which you can access remotely to support you returning to work.
The below information is aimed at helping you return to work safely and confidently. This includes online clinical updates, Wellbeing and COVID-19 resources and links for training and recruitment updates.
We are constantly updating this page as soon as new material becomes available, so if you don't see anything relevant on there at the moment, please do keep checking.
Returner Remote Learning Resources
- The Professional Support Unit offers support, guidance and information to healthcare professionals, including one-to-one educational support and remote coaching For more information, please visit the PSU website here.
- The V- SPACE for SuppoRTT trainees group provides a forum for peer support and group coaching specifically for trainees who are due to return to work over the next few months. For more information, please click here.
- HEE Supported Return to Training Intelligent Question bank - Quesmed is a free learning resource to help you return to training. Collaborating with Health Education England, they have developed a question based resource to help you review key concepts and scenarios you may face when managing patients on the frontline. Sign up now for free here.
- SuppoRTT for doctors returning to work in the pandemic - Knowledge Refreshers. These are a series of webinars; knowledge refresher sessions for doctors who are coming back from a break from clinical practice into an unprecedented and uncertain period of clinical work. All of the sessions are recorded and can be watched after a few days (to allow editing) here.
- SuppoRTT for Oncology Trainees Webinars - July 2020
- SuppoRTT e-learning/immersive technology resource Remote Consultation: an immersive technology resource
- Virutal Cafe for Shielding Trainees slides - 8th December 2020
- Virtual Café for Shielding Trainees - Tuesday 15th September 2020 from 2pm to 4pm
- SuppoRTT for Shielding Trainees Webinar
- Returning from Shielding: the Impact, Adjustment and Moving Forward Webinar
- Returning from Shielding: COVID -19 The Role of Occupational Health - Recording will be available soon.
- S-STAG: Resources for Shielding Trainees
- S-STAG: Activities during Shielding
- S-STAG: Guidance for Trainers' and Supervisors
- S-STAG: Advice for Educational Supervisors, Trainers and Trainees Where Shielding for COVID-19 Pandemic Applies
- Government guidelines on what will change for shielding and vulnerable persons from 1st August 2020
- BMA Briefing on Supporting return to work (July 2020)
- Covid-19: Shielding doctors express concerns about returning to work
- BMJ Blog: Next Steps for the Shieded Doctor (July 2020)
- PSU Pandemic Podcasts
- Virtual Group Support for Trainees. Some people find it easier to speak about their difficulties or dilemmas outside their usual work environment and therefore PSU will be running a number of virtual 'drop in' trainee support groups for trainees at different stages of training during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Wellbeing Hub
- Free access to wellbeing apps for all NHS staff
- BMA - Your wellbeing
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: COVID-19 - Mental health & wellbeing for healthcare professionals
- SLAM - Mental Health & Covid-19
- Podcast on pregnancy and partnership during the pandemic (Maudsley)
- HEE e-LfH COVID-19 programme
- ICM Cross-skill training for COVID-19
- Association of Anaesthetists
- King’s Critical Care - Evidence Summary of Clinical Management of COVID-19 (created 09/03/2020)
- New England Journal of Medicine
- BMJ - Best Practice
- Paediatric Covid-19 Literature
Up to date guidance around COVID and PPE
The following should also be checked for local responses: MESSLY & INDUCTION APP
Training & Recruitment Updates
- RCP e-Learning
- RCEM Learning
- e-LfH Tutorials
- RCPSG e-Learning
- HEE Ques – revision question bank for returners
- Life in the Fast Lane - ECG basics & library
- Oxygen Therapy Guidelines
Basic Practical Procedure Videos & Guidance
- CETL Tutorials – including catheter, cannulation, transfusion, suture
- Oxford Medical Education videos – including resus, IV infusion, oxygen delivery, nebs
- Geeky Medics clinical skills videos – including NG tube, ECG taking, ABG, venepuncture, suture
- Breaking Bad News – SPIKES model
- Video consultations for secondary care
- Remote consultation resources
- Clinical Guidelines Update for the Returning Medical Registrar
Remember to check your own specialty’s college/faculty website too!
- Advice for sustaining staff wellbeing in critical care during and beyond covid-19 (Intensive Care Society)
- COVID-19 and Occupational Health (OH) in the NHS (Faculty of Occupational Medicine)
- Supporting doctors in the event of a Covid-19 epidemic in the UK (GMC Joint Statement)
- RCPCH list of support services (for any specialty)
- CaReForMe Career Refresh for Medicine
- BMA page with links to wellbeing support services (free)
The Professional Support Unit will be planning additional resources to better help trainees through this difficult time (moving to a different website in April 2020):
London & KSS have specialty school Champions for Supported Return to Training.