Whereas the first stage is very much about YOU, this second stage is more about the INFORMATION you need to make a decision.
What are the competition rates for the different specialities?
- Look up the competition ratios.
- Search the speciality fill rates.
Where can I find out further information about each speciality?
- Researching the person specifications for each specility.
- Use the BMA speciality explorer tool to support your research into the medical specialites.
- As a foundation doctor you are entitled to up to career based 5 taster days to experience different specialites. Certain specialites even organise structured taster week programmes, this is an excellent way to find out more about the specialities and how to make competitive applicaitons.
Where can I find out information about the application process?
3) Who can help provide me with the answers?