KSS Foundation trainees: all KSS Foundation trainees should access support services via the KSS’s own Professional Support & Wellbeing Service . Please head to https://kss.hee.nhs.uk/kss-foundation/current-doctors-in-training/careers-and-wellbeing-support/ for more information.
Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
What are SPOC appointments?
- A confidential appointment with a senior adviser from within the PSU to discuss any difficulty or dilemma you currently face
- Details of what you discuss in the appointment won't be shared with others involved in your work or training automatically or without your consent
- Appointments usually last up to 45 minutes and can be by telephone or via virtual platforms (eg Zoom/MS Teams)
- A SPOC appointment may be suitable if you:
- want an impartial & confidential space to talk freely about a difficult or confusing experience
- are feeling worried, overwhelmed or finding it hard to cope at work but don't know how to access support
- want guidance about what options you have or may be most helpful in your situation
- want signposting to other resources (within the PSU or externally)
- want help with finding a useful way forward in your current situation
Please note the PSU operates weekdays 9-5pm. We cannot offer an emergency or out of hours service. We will try to offer some flexibility with appointment times where possible but cannot guarantee a call outside of usual working hours.
How can I arrange a SPOC appointment?
- Complete the confidential SPOC application form below (the information is not shared with anyone involved in your work or training)
- Your form will then be forwarded to one of the SPOC team advisors who will email you and arrange an appointment
- These confidential SPOC appointments are often one-off conversations but if necessary a follow-up can be arranged
- You should expect to have contact from one of our advisors within 7-10 days. Please email us separately if you have not been contacted or your query is unusually urgent.
Request your SPOC appointment by clicking here: Single Point of Contact