The Consultant Interview: preparing for success
NEW for summer 2020 this half-day virtually-facilitated workshop is targeted to trainee doctors within 18 months of CCT. The workshop takes you through a series of practical steps to ensure you are well-prepared for the consultant selection process. The small group size - plus virtual breakout rooms - allows the opportunity to polish up your interview techniques, and give and receive feedback on mock interview responses. The workshop aims to not only help you identify a plan of action to prepare for success, but also to gain the confidence needed for a compelling interview.
By the end of this session you will have:
- A clear understanding of the importance of creating a structured framework for your career planning and applying this to your individual career;
- An appreciation of the role that planned and unplanned events can play in career satisfaction and how to network with greater purpose, making the best use of chance encounters;
- Practised your interviewing skills with peers and identified areas to focus on in your preparation;
- The ability to identify the tasks that you need to carry out in the near future in order to maximise the chance of success at your consultant interviews.
To help you gain the most from these half day virtual workshops we will be asking you to undertake pre-course work. This will include: a short piece of reading, two reflective exercises as well as looking at a video which highlight some of the issues that we will be considering in greater depth during the workshop.
We ask that you come to the session with a willingness to reflect on any issues and challenges you may be facing as you prepare for your consultant interview.
Our approach to learning is interactive and experiential and we will offer you opportunities to share your ideas and experiences with others. You will also have time to practise interview skills and approaches learned on the day and gain feedback from your peers as well as from facilitators on your mock interviews.
A requirement of attending is that you are a doctor/ dentist and that:
- you hold a current training number for London or Kent, Surrey or Sussex
- are within 18 months prior to gaining CCT or within 3 months beyond achieving CCT
To book your place, please complete the form below:
Please Note: Registration NOW CLOSED. All places are fully booked. Please register below to book a place on the waiting list.