Open MIC (Mock Interview Clinic): Virtual Consultant Interview practice
NEW for 2022 this 2.5 hour virtually-facilitated workshop is targeted to trainee doctors within 18 months of CCT. The workshop allows you to practise and receive constructive feedback on your responses to consultant interview questions form both your peers and expert facilitators. Mock interviews will be undertaken in a supportive, small peer group breakout room environment, to ensure you are well-prepared for the consultant selection process. The workshop aims to not only help you identify a plan of action to prepare for success, but also to gain the confidence needed for a compelling interview.
By the end of this session you will have:
- Practised answering different types of questions which might be asked at your next consultant interview
- Gained formative feedback from other trainees on how you come across
- Learned from facilitators about the common interview pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Polished up your responses by structuring your thinking and delivery so that you can transmit your message more effectively
- Experimented with different types of responses, allowing your most compelling yet authentic side shine through.
To help you gain the most from this workshop we will be asking you to undertake some pre-course work to inform your mock interview practice. This will include: identifying the interview questions you find most challenging and/or wish to practise how to frame your answers, how best to structure your responses to different question types using mnemonics and making a list of your greatest strengths, achievements and weaknesses [Further details will be sent after registration]
A requirement of attending is that you are a doctor/ dentist and that:
- you hold a current training number for London or Kent, Surrey or Sussex
- are within 18 months prior to gaining CCT or within 3 months beyond achieving CCT
- please see PSU’s eligibility criteria for further information
To book your place, please complete the form below: