Targeted: All Speciality and grades
Code Med are delighted to invite you to join our 12-week computer programming course. The Code Med Java course was developed by doctors passionate about med-tech, and is tailored specifically for healthcare professionals. Each week the course covers a different fundamental concept in Java programming and contextualises it in a healthcare-orientated example. We show you how to code live on Zoom and then your mentor watches and guides you doing it yourself!
Benefits of learning to code as a healthcare professional:
• Make your portfolio stand out with a technical skill that other applicants won’t have
• Contribute to digital innovation and transformation in the NHS
• Augment your quality improvement projects with digital solutions and make a real difference to patient care
• Open up opportunities such as the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur programme, DigitalHealth.London Fellowship and Topol Digital Health Fellowship
• Develop apps that could go on to generate supplementary income
By the end of the once weekly sessions you will:
• Learn the fundamentals of Java programming and confidently code in Java
• Work through healthcare based examples to build your own clinically-orientated apps, including a BMI calculator, antibiotic dosing calculator and more
• Develop your own app idea to a working product or prototype
• Understand how to implement digital solutions in your quality improvement projects
Weekly online sessions will be delivered remotely by Zoom at 7pm on Wednesdays to fit in with healthcare professionals busy schedules. Offline learning materials and exercises allow you to practice concepts learned between online sessions.
The next course starts on May 26th 2021.
* Early Bird Discount of £100 for sign ups before May 7th 2021 *
Take a look for yourself and sign up at codemed.co.uk/course
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Code Med Team