Established Educator Course: GP (Uni-professional)
- Provided by The Change Agency on behalf of HEE
- Free to attend
- Time commitment: Two Days. Due to COVID-19 this course will take place virtually utilising online platforms in addition to private study
- Audience: Uni-professional. Designed for GP supervisors who have been supervising learners in primary care, for a minimum of two years.
To enable GP educators in primary care to maximise the educational experience for GP trainees in primary care.
This two-day interactive workshop is suitable for established GP educators involved in education and training in primary and community care. It will provide opportunities for GP trainers to explore the importance of the educational relationship in learning and of the role that trust plays in developing capability in learners. There will be time to explore personal values and how these impact on the learning relationship and consider ways of supporting trainees who struggle to meet appropriate standards of practice.
Objectives will be based on the needs of the group. Potential activities may include:
- peer learning to maintain educational practice
- opportunities for assessment benchmarking across London
- exploration of the enactment of good assessment practice in line with current HEE policy and trends
- opportunities for supervisors to participate in and develop group teaching and facilitation skills
- exploring and identifying challenges related to supporting GP educators and trainees
Who can attend?
This workshop is available to all GP Educators, in London and the South East who have been supervising GP trainees for at least two years.
Lisa Miller and David Goosey
Attendance is free. However, In the event of non-attendance, applicants may be requested to pay the full cost of the course (£150).
The next courses will be provided virtually on Zoom and will be held on the following dates:
Course 1: 5th and 12th October 2020 or
Course 2: 6th and 13th November 2020
Attendance on both days of the same course is required.
To book a place
Please click here and complete the booking form
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com