Individual session - Specialist Clinical Communication and Linguistic Support
This session is currently being delivered via MS Team
An individual two-hour session working with a specialist educator, a linguist and a specialist role player as required to develop your communication skills for clinical practice.
Healthcare professionals typically apply for an individual session to:
- address needs identified through feedback from colleagues and educators
- develop skills to navigate difficult conversations
- explore linguistic or cultural issues which may be impacting on communication
- respond to the outcome of an ARCP, appraisal, or revalidation
- improve exam performance
The session includes:
- a discussion with an educationalist about your expectations and how to make the most of this opportunity
- a review of your communication skills via role play with specialist simulators, of conversations or situations you find challenging
- verbal reflection and feedback to help identify your personal strengths and use these to rehearse fresh approaches and skills
- a personal development plan focussed on next steps
You may also use the session to:
- develop your writing skills (you may need to bring/show anonymised materials to work on)
- rehearse presentations and oral examination performance
- work with a linguist on specific language challenges
Feedback from recent participants:
"I thought this session was excellent. Both facilitator and specialist role player were very warm encouraging and very clear on what my learning needs are"
"Very good, I would recommend this course to any clinician. Tailored sessions are very insightful"
"It was an excellent opportunity to have 1:1 feedback, very unique and helpful, thank you"
- This is a free, fully funded, session which will be designed and arranged as per your application and learning requirements
- Following session confirmation and in the event of non-attendance/no show you may be subject to charge ie the full cost of the session £150
- Following session confirmation, should your circumstances change and you can no longer attend please let us know as soon as possible so that your session time can be offered to those on the waiting list.
09:30 - 11:30
12:00 - 14:00
14:30 - 16:30
To apply, please complete the form below giving as much detail as possible when answering the questions relating to your reasons for applying - this will help us design the session to suit your learning need and to match you an appropriate educator: