Workplace Supervision in Primary Care
- Provided by Multiprofessional Faculty Development, HEE
- Free to attend
- Time commitment: - Three days. Due to COVID-19, it is anticipated that this course will take place virtually utilising online platforms in addition to private study
- Audience: Multi-professional. Designed for all healthcare professionals who wish to undertake a supervisory role of any learner in the general practice setting.
This three-day multi-professional course is aimed at clinicians who are new to supervising any learner in the general practice / primary care setting. The emphasis will be on the knowledge and skills required to provide ad-hoc workplace supervision and/or formal clinical supervision. The importance of the multi-professional team and inter-professional learning and working will also be explored.
Indicative course content will include:
- Educational ideas that inform active learning
- Teaching methods
- Feedback skills
- Workplace and professional curricula
- Exploring professional identity
- Assessment principles
- Challenges in learning, teaching and assessment
Who can attend?
This course is multi-professional and is available to all supervisors / practice educators from across the professions in the general practice / primary care setting.
For GP educators who are required to complete training for GP educator approval processes, this course will be accepted as meeting the requirements for a clinical supervisor course.
Participants should be able to demonstrate:
- A substantive clinical role in the general practice / primary care setting
- Availability for all three course days (of the same cohort).
To receive further information about the course and how to book a place contact email@example.com