Introduction to Clinical Education and Training
A new multi-professional course for clinical educators and supervisors in primary and community care.
This free, two or three day course is for educators from any primary care background who are new to a training and/or supervisory role and who want to support and assess learners in practice. It is also open to experienced educators who want to develop faculty and/or deliver supervision skills courses in their own localities.
Days 1 and 2 will focus on the essential skills of a supervisor. An optional day 3 is open to those who wish to progress their learning further and be supported to deliver faculty development initiatives locally via the Training Hubs/PCNs.
Mode of delivery: Fully interactive, face to face, central London. There will be opportunities for networking and establishing connections with peers.
Days 1&2: An introduction to education, learning and supervision
- Our experiences of learning and supervision
- How we learn and what matters to learners
- The learner-supervisor relationship, safety and challenge
- The learning environment
- Reflective practice
- Feedback: our experience and what makes it effective?
- Assessment: Types, responsibility and failing to fail: Different opinions in benchmarking
- Learners experiencing difficulty and sources of support
- Differential Attainment and Bias: Who thrives in our communities of practice and who doesn’t?
- Approaching difficult situations and conversations
- Inter-professional supervision – supporting learners from different professions
Day 3 (optional): Developing your local faculty
- Educational leadership
- Local faculty development and change management
- Building and utilising peer support/networks
- Sharing ideas
- Next steps: Planning in relation to your Training Hub/PCN individual needs
Who can attend?
- All supervisors and educators from across the primary and community care professions, who are new to supervision and training or who would like to refresh their skills.
- Supervisors/Educators and Training Hub/PCN Leads/Managers who would like to develop and deliver faculty development resources locally.
Dates: Course days will be delivered face to face; 09:30-16:30 hrs, tbc
Day 1: TBC
Day 2: TBC
Day 3: TBC
How to book your place: To book your place please complete the booking form at the following link:
If you have any queries, please email: FacDev.London@nhs.net