Click the following links to be taken to the corresponding section of the module:
- Definitions - What is resilience?
- Can resilience be learned?
- Factors affecting resilience
- Resilience in the Workplace
- Responding to and coping with Stress
- The Final Word and the Personal Development Plan
- Further Reading, Resources and References
RESILIENCE MODULE AIMS
This module will cover:
- Factors that affect resilience
- Workplace pressures
- Stress and burnout
- Ways to deal with challenges
- Reading and resources
The module will take you about 45 minutes to complete.
We will look at some of the personal and workplace factors that affect resilience. Our aim is to share with you what is known about resilience, what signs and signals to be aware of, and some practical strategies you can apply to your everyday life to boost your resilience.
It includes a number of exercises as well as information and links to further reading and resources.
Author: Helen Halpern
Date published: February 2021
Thanks to the following for their contributions to this module: Jocelyn Hewitt, John Launer, Kathleen Sullivan, David Winter