SINGLE CLINICAL INCIDENTS (SCI)
This module has been designed for the individual trainee doctor who is interested in learning more about SCIs or is involved in one. It is both interactive and directive; it will ask you to reflect on your own experiences and will suggest actions and resources to consolidate your understanding of the topic.
Click the following links to be taken to the corresponding section of the module:
- Module Aims
- What are Single Clinical Incidences?
- Openness and Honesty When Things go Wrong: the Professional Duty of Candour
- When do SCIs Happen?
- How can I Avoid SCIs?
- Joining an Indemnity Organisation
- Actions After a Clinical Incident
- Investigation of Clinical Incidents
- Impact of a Clinical Incident on the Clinician
- Reflection: Case Studies
- Useful Resources
Author: Sue Fergy
The Professional Support Unit would like to thank Hina Patel for her contribution to this module.
Date published: February 2021